My previous company is very famous for its pair programming, below are my thoughts
- more efficient;
- in conjunction with TDD, less bug;
- easier to setup (when you are new);
- know the whole project;
- easy to transfer knowledge from senior to new comer;
- as a single developer it is very easy to miss some possibility/risk for a solution, but for pair programming your pair may help you.
- if your pair is sick (or in absence), then you can’t do anything, especially when you are new.
- less private. I do think, especially in programming, sometimes you need to concentrate, you need to work alone; Working alone sometimes can reach higher quality;
- Feel pressure when sb is “monitoring” you. I am not lazy just feel uncomfortable or if you can’t fix a problem you will feel pressure
- ow to do it when we outsource a lot to India?